We have achieved a considerable reduction of solvents through the further development of our products.
This is possible, for example, with various high-solids coating materials. According to customer requirements such as base, base pre-treatment, corrosion protection and visual effect, coating materials are used which have a high proportion of solid particles
(= high solids) usually based on epoxy, epoxy combinations, polyurethane, alkyd/acryl and urethane modified alkyd resins.
Although a clear definition does not exist, coating materials with approx. 65% solids content by volume (non-volatile part) are customarily referred to as high-solids coating materials.
The benefits of high-solids coating materials:
- Modification of existing plant parameters and therefore additional investment not required
- Lower VOC content of max. 25%
- Fast re-coating possible thanks to special wet-on-wet systems
- Suitable for bases where optimum surface pre-treatment is not possible.
- Compliance with VOC directive (31.BImSchV) (German Federal Immission Protection Ordinance)